Daniel Island Rotary Club
Henri L. White Scholarship 2022
Eligibility, Criteria, and Expectations of Recipients
The Daniel Island Rotary Club Henri L. White Scholarship Committee accepts applications from students interested in receiving assistance with college tuition. These scholarships (two per year) honor the memory of Henri L White and award each recipient a total of $10,000 over their four years at college.
Students seeking financial assistance for a four-year bachelor’s or a two-year associate’s degree program are eligible. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2022, and finalists are interviewed by our scholarship committee in early April. Recipients of this scholarship are notified in late April and in May they are expected to attend a special meeting of the Daniel Island Rotary Club along with their immediate family. Recipients also receive recognition at the Philip Simmons High School awards night. Tuition support awarded is paid directly to the student’s tuition account at their school before the start of the fall semester.
Eligible Service Area
Students eligible for this scholarship must reside within the designated attendance zone for Phillip Simmons High School. One scholarship is designated for a student that matriculated through the Cainhoy School and is currently residing in the Cainhoy-Huger region of Berkeley County.
Criteria for Applicant Evaluation
1. Planning to attend college to earn an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
2. Residing in the designated service area
3. Cumulative high school grade point average above 3.0
4. Financial need (the student aid FAFSA form for 2022 must be submitted with the application)
5. Commitment to community service
6. Willingness to remain engaged with Daniel Island Rotary Club during and after college
Expectations of Recipients & Continuing Support
1. Maintain minimum 3.0 GPA
2. Provide copy of college transcript after each semester
3. Participate in community service and provide documentation of service effort outcomes
4. Maintain relationship with Daniel Island Rotary via designated committee contact person (Chip Law)
5. Attend one Rotary Club meeting per year to provide a personal update
First year: $2200
Second year: $2400
Third year: $2600
Fourth year: $2800
Recipients that uphold these expectations are eligible for continued support each year, as long as they remain on track to graduate on time with their degree.